Indian cricket team star Rohit Sharma is a visual treat for his fans on field. He is one of the most talented players of the squad. He is the proud achiever of highest individual score in ODIs – 264 and is the only batsman in the world to breach the 200 mark in ODIs twice till now. The Hit-Man of Indian Cricket team has a lot of nicknames such a maggieman, No-Hit, etc. His journey from a little boy to an awesome cricketer is worth knowing. Here are some unknown facts about him that will amaze you for sure:
1. When Rohit’s father Gurunath Sharma lost his job in a transport company, the responsibility of the family fell on Rohit’s shoulders at a very young age. He used to play for Indian Oil and Ranji matches at that time.
2. His mother wanted him to study well and get a reputed job. She never wanted him to become a cricketer. But, Rohit didn’t listen to anyone and followed his passion.
3. In 2007, when Rohit batted a six and scored approximately 50 runs in the first inning itself in a T20 match, that was his father’s best moment.
4. Rohit hails from Maharashtra but his mother is from Visakhapatnam and hence, he can fluently converse in Hindi, English, Telugu and Marathi.
5. His coach Dinesh Lad, the father of Mumbai teammate Sidhesh Lad, understood Rohit’s potential as a cricketer and made him a batsman. Rohit had started as an off spinner.